Monday, September 06, 2004

Ivan

Just called home looks like everyone in Barbados is preparing for Hurricane Ivan. Got me a bit worried I must say. I don't think Barbados has been hit by an actual hurricane since 1955 way before my birth so there probably is a bit of underpreparedness in the island. I'm hoping (and praying) it doesn't hit or if it does it doesn't hit directly, or if it does hit directly the damage will not be as bad as it could be.

Sometime your luck runs out and this could be the big one for Barbados though. We've been missed by alot of the crazy ones in the past two decades, David, Gilbert, and many others that wrecked havoc in other islands. But every dog has his day I guess so this one could be it.

I cant change the weather so all I can do is say a prayer and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

Heading to us too.Am more worried about my relatives in Bdos tho. After all St Vincent carib name is Hairoun which means land of the blessed:) Serious tho I don't think there has been a direct hit here since 1898 because people say 1955 hurricane was not direct.But we got some tropical storms and thing passing thru ever so often.