Monday, June 21, 2010

Tabloidism

I escape for a quick trip to Barbados the other day. Pure niceness.

Just as I was settling in @home guess who also arrived in Barbados but the International superstar Rihanna. Coincidence? I rather think not! I feel she stalking me but for what purposes I aint sure yet.
Photobucket
Anyway I went to watch game 6 of the NBA finals at Bubbas last Tuesday and Bubbas get a fail from me. I was all set to say service in Barbados improving and actually in general the NISE initiative like um wukkin a bit but the Bubbas people unfair me. True I show up near to starting time for the game and the place was near ram pack but de hostess say dem had space showed us to a table wid chairs (the chairs part is important) and then as soon as we get dey they move the table widout the chairs and left we deyso standing up fa 10 minutes by a table wid no chairs looking fa chairs and dey coming back talking bout chairs real scarce. wha de rass! Wunnah tek the chairs associated wid de table wunnah tek we to, move the table minus chairs an den leff we lookin like poppits. Dat is not right. Wunnah aint gettin my money I went sumplace else meaning Lucky Horseshoe cause dem had both tables and chairs alright. I doan like to call nuhbody out but y'all was wrong Bubbas. Dun.

So yes I went to Bubbas game 6 and who should show up at Game 7 (probably looking fa me) at the said same Bubbas. Yes Rihanna (bet she aint had nuh chair issue though). Coincidence? I think not. I tell ya the woman after me. I gotta go back and read all dem articles I write bout she over the past couple a years and find out if I write something offensive cause she got some big able body guards and I aint want them to come an Chris Brown me. Oh wait was that reference too soon? My bad! Should have held that one back right? Whoops sorry Rhi Rhi. Look I might have to disappear fa true.

Dem was also debating in the Parliament bout some nice land that the government wanta gi to Rihanna fa free. Is how come nuhbody never offer me nor nun a de other bloggers land fa free. We duz promote Bim too ya kno. How come we cann get nuh land. An wha wunnah mean by the only land wunnah bloggers so looking to get is a 8x10 at Dodds? Hmmm

Anyways since I getting myself in trouble wid everybody in Bim (oh and sorry BR was hiding out so didnt give ya a ding. Ya can cuss me but ya gotta get in line) I wanted to say that I was a little surprised by all the publicity that Rihanna going to Bubbas to watch a finals basketball game got. I mean seriously people and I mean you The Nation, wunnah write a bigger article bout Rihanna watching the game, two big long pages in the print version wid numerous photos, dan wunnah write bout the actual outcome of the game (1/2 page one photo). Wha kinda tabloid-ism foolisness that is though? Wunnah really gine to the dogs fa true. I wud expect that sorta thing from the Stars and Inquirers of the world but wunnah supposed to a serious newspaper man. shame on wunnah!

4 comments:

ruthibel said...

lol

ah dear.

Watch out Jdid. You don't want anybody to REaLLY come after you ...

Newspapers generally have times when they fall woefully short of reader expectations. But then, I have yet to see hte newspaper (or media house for that matter) that meets everybody's expectations ...

Empath said...

This post is too funny. But yes, you need to mind what you write about Rhi Rhi, it ain't going to be pretty if them two big body guards come after you. But if they do, just remember to duck and cover, duck and cover. If that don't work throw a big stone and run, ya hear?

Dee said...

We need NISE everywhere. . .

Anonymous said...

Jdid you get vex cause Bubbas tek wunna chairs tuh go and clean duh and get duh ready fuh Rih-Rih. Buth ow wunna Bajans ungreatful so doh.

Ahhheeem I just get back from Barbados muhself doan ley we talk bout NISE atall

Camp