Sunday, November 14, 2004

Return to the 36 Chambers

I'm the one-man army, Ason
I've never been tooken out,
I keep MC's lookin out
I drop science like girls be droppin babies
Enough to make a ... go cra-a-azy
Energy buildin, takin all types of medicines
Your ass thought you were better than
Ason, I keep planets in orbit
While I be comin with teeth, bitin more ish
Enough to make ya break and shake ya ass cause I create,
rhymes good as a Tasty Cake, mix
This style, I'm mastered in
Nuhhs catchin headaches,
what? What? You need aspirin?
This type of pain, you couldn't even kill with Midol
F around get sprayed with Lysol
In your face like a can of mace, baby
Is it burnin? Well it, now you're learnin
how, I don't even like your ........... profile
Give me my ............., CH-CH-BLAOW!
Not seen and heard, no one knows
You forget,
nuhhh be quiet as kept
Now you know nothin;
before you knew a whole lot
Your ass don't wanna get shot!
A lot of MC's came to my showdown
To watch me put your ass lo-o-ow down

Ol Dirty Bastard is dead

I think I blogged in
a previous post about remembering the first time I heard Brooklyn Zoo. I kind of liked Mr O.D.B. He was rather wild but talented and funny. Return to the 36 Chambers was my favorite album from him and to be honest I really didn't pay much attention to the rest of his solo stuff because he seemed to stray off from the whole Wu Tang sound quite a bit.

Actually after that first album O.D.B seemed to lose it a bit more and he was getting more attention for non-musical exploits than for his music. He owed child support, did his infamous "Wu Tang is for the kids" Grammy speech, was on the run from the law and then went to jail before coming out and joining up with Rockafella. O.D.B On Rockafella? As Lil' Jon would say "What!"

I just recently saw the Wu reunion concert live performance DVD (got to find that in my pile of boxes again soon) and he looked completely tame compared to his previous crazy appearance.

Anyway I'm sorry to see O.D.B go. Sounds like he had a heart attack or something of the sort. 35 is way too young an age to be going out with that sort of medical condition. Of course sadly now we will be forced by the record labels to ingest tonnes of his previous scraps, unreleased songs and other snippets that he probably wouldn't have been too keen on letting see the light of day if he was alive. Just so the record labels can make a killing off this man's death.


Rest in Peace Mr O.D.B aka Dirt Mcgirt, aka Big Baby Jesus, aka Dirt Dog. You will be missed.

Hey Dirty, baby I got ya money, don't you worry

3 comments:

chrome said...

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. dirty will be remembered. a true sun.

Angry Dog said...

Yeah, O.D.B. was known for spittin dem rhymes like no other JDid. He will be missed.

{arf,arf}

The Humanity Critic said...

No doubt, RIP ODB..You will be missed..