Saturday, May 07, 2011

Chocolate wonder

He's five now and thinks he knows everything. Yea right kid!

Two of his friends were over today, I was half asleep and caught the tail end of this conversation. Not sure where it started but I zoned back in sometime about one of them talking about curly hair. Clearly it had some racial implications even if they were oblivious. One friend said "and you're chocolate" to which my son replied "Chocolate! I'm not chocolate!" His voice charged with some sort of disdain.

The other chile says "Yes you are chocolate and I'm caramel! (latter we decided he was closer to butterscotch but that's another story)

My son always one for the final word goes "No I'm not chocolate, I'm Kit Kat!"

And I just started laughing.

5 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

That's telling 'em, kid!

That's a such a sweet way to describe complexion.

chrome said...

classic! gotta love the kids. good to see your boy growing and smart with it. like his daddy? or version 2.0?

my 1st son, now 7, came home from school one day to tell me all about Mandela. while I enjoyed his "sanitized" version of events I worried about the lack of colour in the story lol!

Abeni said...

5 already? yuh lie,,lol well kit kat sounds much nicer than plain old chocolate

Diedra said...

butter scotch vs. caramel.
are they supposed to taste different? And what is fudge?

Alida Sharp said...

Love. It! How cute!