Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Business sense

So two weeks ago I got a random call from a credit union, which I'm not part of,  offering me some savings on a product I already have with another company.

I was somewhat intrigued by the call so I set up an appointment, at home to meet their representative with regards to the product they were hawking but in the meantime said I'd look into it myself. Anyway time flies when you have twins to deal with so when they called me back to confirm the appointment I postponed the appointment to yesterday which gave me just enough time to talk to my bank to see if the opportunity was worth pursuing.

So thought it kind of strange they never called to confirm last week but anyhow yesterday I rush out a work to get home early to make it to this appointment. Was hungry but said I'd wait til after the appointment to eat so I'm sitting there watching the clock and ummm no one showed up, nuhbody call nuttin.

Fine.

Got a call this evening, representative says appointment is this evening, umm no it isnt, insists it is, umm no I have it in my calendar as yesterday and I wrote it down minutes after we chatted the last time cause it was supposed to be an exact week from the postponed appointment cause ya ask me is Mondays good for you and I said yes. And besides I aint rushing home to meet you this evening is you trying to sell to me not me to you.

Anyways no apology from them but they asking for another appointment, only this time they want it during the day and I'm to come to their office.

Ammmm I aint know bout wunnah but i aint went searching fa dem an they product, dem is the body dat call me up an offering um to me so why they cant meet me on my terms. Ah mean I duz always be skeptical bout these things when people call ya up an mek ya offers so cause I duz be trying to figure out how them tiefing from me and gilding duh pockets so an no guarantee I would sign with them but ah did gine gi dem a chance to talk duh talk.

And ah mean in dis harsh economic climate is not like I have money to throw at nobody so if you want my money ya have to come correct. Ah did very happy where I was before dem come confusing me an now they want me to act like I doan wuk nuhway an run up to their office which is by the way far far away from where I work to meet them.  Chupse!!!!!

Naa star. nuttin a gwan so!

Ah dont know what happened to people and business. Ah mean like I said is tough times we living in, if you trying to sell somebody a product the least you can do is be professional. Ah find nowadays people acting like ya doing them a favor when they want ya business. Ah cant deal wid dat sort of attitude at all. Den when ya business not doing well, ya wud wanta know what happen. Well if ya was professional mebby wunnah wud last. Another big Chupse!!



1 comment:

VirginiaC said...

At least you've got your head on....don't fall for the low interest rates etc, just to sway you to join them....then they jack them up after a few months.
They want your business....they should seek you out.
Traipsing all over the place in that cold weather isn't doing you any good....stick to your guns and keep warm.