Its spring again
everybody knows its spring again
To the girls and boys and people above
This is the time to fall in love
Spring again - Biz Markie
Happy Easter to all.
Well its spring again here in the t-dot and I figured I'd share with you some of the items that let me know that spring has arrived here:
(1) Its raining now instead of snowing although this winter was so up and down that we did actually have a fair bit of rain.
(2) Folks have discarded their winter clothing and some have already adapted shorts. Ok memo to the shorts wearing community: Just because its not snowing doesn't mean its shorts weather just yet.
(3) The temperatures have risen. Toronto doesn't seem to have those four discernible seasons like the textbooks talk about. Spring kind of rushes straight into the warmer weather that we call summer within a matter of weeks. None of that three month, June 21st solstice jive, spring lasts from late March to about mid May when all the trees have their leaves.
(4) The crazy people are back on the streets. I'm not sure what its all about but the first signs of spring for me are the fact that I see more and more of those with serious mental issues on the streets. Its like the city locks them up for their own protection during winter and then just lets them all go at the beginning of spring.
(5) The dandelions are back. Raking the lawn last week (apparently I had to aerate it or some such nonsense after winter) I saw a few dandelions. Sigh! The saga continues.