Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Smokinggggg!

Photobucket Is it just me or are there way more young women smoking these days than say 5 years ago?

I feel like almost every time I walk down the streets of downtown Toronto I see at least one 20 or 30 something female walking around with a cigarette held in the typical index and middle finger pose or blowing out a fine mist of smoke while looking all nonchalant about it.

Is there actually an increase or am I just noticing it more these days? I mean vibrant fresh faced young women, stylish in their designer labels not the normally I've been smoking for 20+ years females that you normally see types.

Was there a push on advertising of cigarettes to women? Oh wait tobacco companies don't advertise these days. Is it just the in "cool" thing to do?

Who knows.

10 comments:

Dee said...

I saw a woman plunk down a ten dollar bill in the deli this morning--well, it wasn't a plunk but a sort of wave and wiggle--without speaking a word.
the cashier handed her a box of cigarettes and she flipped the over, tapped on the counter, then walked out. . . no change

Anonymous said...

I was on a shoot and I became friends with one of the creative minds behind the concept and I was amazed that after the shoot...she just popped out a cigar...i was shocked...i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

young men and girls are smoking creating a new trend.....i think what they print on the box is enough to warn me off....it says it is not good for your health but still some people keep killing their own bodies one by one

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Don't let me start on cig. smoke...I got a big, massive asthma attack once because of some other person puffing away.

The cig. smokers I know are rude. They think it's their right to puff in your face. Even lawyers!

They think it's their right to make others ill.

Anonymous said...

smoking has become a fad among women nowadays. They also use it as a weight lost tool. that's why more and more younger women are smoking. You also see the increase in women smoking cigars ( lokka de Canadian Womens hockey team)


Campfyah

Abeni said...

I noticed young women here in a particular village seem to have adopted smoking as well.If only they would do it in non public places I'd be happy

College Term Papers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crankyputz said...

Not sure I agree, i look at my brothers generation and so few of them smoke, well not cigarettes anyway...

Unknown said...

Seeing a woman smoke is such a turn off for me, no matter how good she looks! I hate anyone smoking cigarettes around me as it triggers mi sinuses like crazy!

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ruthibel said...

smoking is jus not good for men or women. done. i caan stand to see ANYBODY smoke! It not fashionable. It not healthy. It not right.