Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I miss di shot

Dont usually reprint my blogs but since most of you havent been reading me since I started this one is from about 3 years ago. And since this week is Caribana and I've now got a professional looking DSLR camera (which shoots faster) I'm trying to redeem myself for this one. So here goes:
---------------------------
Anyway sorry I digress, so these nice looking young ladies are going past me and there are a few of them with Caribbean flags including one rather stunning beauty with a Bajan (that's short form for Barbados for the uninitiated) flag who I focused in on. Ok she maybe wasn't that stunning, (she was rather good looking though) but after what happened next forever in the stories I will tell in the future she will always be the best-est looking girl I ever did saw. I will be singing her praises with hyperbolic terms of exaltation, extolling her to the highest degree, her aura will be raised to mythical proportions. A girl who would make Halle Berry look like Whoopie as my man Big L (R.I.P) would say.

Now there she goes again the dopest Ethiopian
and now the world around me is just moving in slow motion


So guess what happens next. The sista with the Bajan flag is passing by and another beautiful lady with a Jamaican flag (although not as beautiful as the angel with the bajan flag) is pulling her along when she, the bajan flag girl not the Jamaican flag girl, sees me with the camera and stops. Hallelujah! Could it be? Is she stopping to pose for lil ol me? Nooo! Yess! Nooo! Really! Me? Whoa! She is actually posing for me. Oh man if I ever had any doubts about there being a God in heaven. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah! No more singing the Pharcyde's passing me by cause she's the one who didn't pass me by.

Oh man, I'm on cloud 9, I have hit the jackpot! If I don't take another shot all day and even if I don't get to follow the Vincy truck then to actually have this girl pose for me just makes my day, strike that my week, my month even my year. This is the coup de grace, my shot heard around the world, my crowning glory. This was the photo in the future I'd be showing my kids, my grandkids, everybody saying can you believe what happened to me out of the blue and can you believe how lovely this young lady is.

So quickly, in the next few seconds, I manage to steady my hands and I set up the shot. Ok Jdid, steady now. You definitely don't want this one to come out blurry like the ones the night before. This shot must be perfect. Perfect girl, perfect shot, I'm focused, the camera is focused, we become as one, man and machine blending into the perfect element. The camera's lenses combining with my own eye's lenses to form a cybernetic entity. Coming together for a common cause for the betterment of mankind. (alright too much hyperbole I'm getting carried away) Ok here it comes, everything is good, homegirl is in the center of the picture, I double check everything is straight and I depress the camera button to take the shot. I hear the double click meaning I'm good to go and I depress the button fully and snap what is possibly naa scratch that what is definitely the greatest shot I have ever take in my life. Hey I'm easy to please what can I say. Oh happy day!

I say a heart felt thank you and 'God bless ya girl' and the girls are off. I was happy before but my heart is all a flutter, I'm positively giddy. Giddy as a schoolgirl well as giddy as an emotionless android like myself can be anyways. Yea I have emotion issues but that's a whole other blog.

Then I look at the picture and it all falls down like a Kanye West song.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There on the left is the Jamaican flag girl, quite beautiful in all rights but wait what the? Nooooooooo I scream! Whyyyyyyyy? Where is my bajan flag girl in all her exquisite beauty? Nooooooo!

Yo where that big headed woman come from to block my shot! Cheese on bread DEN! I utter various unprintable words. A who de one bleep bleep big red frizzy headed woman and where she came from to block my shot? My perfect shot in ruins! Ruined I say!

Bajansistren had been standing next to me and I show her the photo and she laffin at me, I show the wife she laffin at me. Everybody enjoying my misery. Cuhdear. To have it so close to your grasp only to have it cruelly snatched away.

Totally offset the rest of my day. To think I had the best-est girl in the universe to take a picture of and that woman head block out all trace of my girl. See dat, life just not fair.

Not only that but homegirl had already disappeared down the route and so I was left there with only a memory and once again a brother's singing a variation of the Pharcyde's Passing me by. Damn!

11 comments:

Campfyah said...

ha ha ha haha so wid yuh new professional looking DSLR yuh ein got no excuse this year to miss de shots, put it in continuous mode and shoot

Dao of Photography said...

ROFLMAO!! Da fa lic ya! Da's what ya get fa posin. Ya shuda just tek de shot quick and be done. Ha, ha!!!
Great story - better luck next time. I hear its Caribana in Toronto so you may yet get another chance - be ready!

owen said...

lol, hahah so it go. but what what "I show the wife she laffin at me"? wifey know about you long lost bajan beauty?

Gina said...

I am surprised your wife laughed at you (tic)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Snicker

snicker snicker snicker snicker

A li'l filming tip.

Keep you eyes on the monitor, on the camera always after you frame up you shot.

If I was you wife I woulda tek way the camera tho'.

Jdid said...

umm so why shouldnt my wife laff at me. it was just a caribana photo is not like i was propositioning de wuman.

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! Man you have to be faster than that in Carnival parades!

Crankyputz said...

hahaa, this one made me laugh.......

serves yuh right, yuh know the only 'most beautiful woman in the world, is your wifey!!!"

CoolDestiny said...

JDid, that one have me laughing in your home town! Good one. Good one.

Will said...

aaaaaaaahahahaha... wow... this is one of those shots you see in photography text books under what not to do...

hilarious though...

:-)

Mad Bull said...

Funny! You will just have to settle. Life's like that sometimes. At least he Jamaican look good tho....