Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ups and Downs

A so it a go I guess but yesterday was pretty much a roller coaster of emotions for me.

Started off pretty down. Just woke up not feeling great for some reason. Then I got bad news to start things off. Not bad news like someone died or anything but just I got some news that I didn't really want to hear from my selfish viewpoint. Oh well.

So I went in to work early and then it got worst. Man shoots his wife and hold a hostage at Union station. I was at work thinking lord I hope he aint black, please lord. What do you know? He's black. (see next blog) Damn. So yea it was pretty low at that point.

Then I had a meeting with my boss and I got a promotion. yeahhh! Well its not really a promotion, more like more work with no extra pay but its on a project I wanted to be on in an official capacity and the news couldn't have come at a better time since I've been contemplating quitting for a while now if things didn't change. Now the only question is now I've got what I sort of wanted can I actually do it? Ummm not so sure about that but I've always liked a challenge. I have no idea how to approach what I'm supposed to be doing so I'm going to have to jump on this seriously and try to pick up as much as possible as soon as possible so I don't make a fool of myself.

Then and this was the pinnacle of my day.......I got Gmail. yeahhhh! Can you tell I'm a wanta be geek. ha ha ha. In case you don't know, no Gmail does not stand for gangsta-mail. Me no bad man. Anyway, the Gmail thing had me positively beaming. Best I've felt in days no weeks, possibly months. Ok forget wanta be geek even reading what I just wrote I'm like man this dude is a loser. ha ha ha

Anyway then it all fell apart. Thought someone close would be happier for me with the promotion thing so that brought down my high. Then I went to squash and got totally annihilated partially because I was upset about that. Oh well, c'est la vie. What goes up must come down.

So I went to bed early. This morning's been not bad though, read an interesting blog and had a laugh and found out one of my friends is going back to do his PhD. So far so good. Oh wait its not 7 yet. damn!

2 comments:

Abeni said...

Stop second guessing yourself.You gonna be just fine and congrats on the "promotion" Gmail..man you are soooo late..lol.

Jdid said...

thanks and oh shut up. Do you have Gmail, huh huh? hater! lol