I know everyone else in the world is going to be caught up in Bush vs Kerry but I just thought I'd go a different route as the season starts tonight.
So much has changed since the season ended. Kobe was acquitted, apologized and then resigned with the Lakers, Shaq made a splash in the big pool in Miami , T Mac is playing with Yao in Houston and Dallas lost Nash, Walker and Jameison. But alas some things remained the same too, Detroit is still strong, Vince is still a punk , Kobe is still stupid and selfish and Isaiah is still trying to build a champion in New York by addition without the requisite subtraction. Oh well!
Anyway I decided I'd make some NBA predictions before the season starts. First the easy ones;
- Shaq will not play all the regular season games.
- Kobe will hog the ball from his teammates.
- Some NBA player will end up paying child support.
- Some NBA player will demand a trade saying he wants to play on a winning team and management isn't trying to put together a winning franchise so he wants out. This despite him being paid more than the GDP of many small states.
- Some player will have a criminal charge brought up against him.
- Faulty measurements will continually be given for shorter NBA players. Yea like Damon Stoudamire was ever even close to 5'11".
- I will not be signed to consecutive 10 day contracts by the Charlotte Bobcats, hence I will be unable to use Dave Chappell's slogan of 'I'm rich beeeeetch!'
OK that's done with now onto the hard stuff. Crystal ball don't fail me now.
- Detroit repeats as Champs
- Western conference champs will be Sacramento
- Scoring leader will be Kobe Bryant
- Vince Carter will not be traded till season's end
- Jason Kidd will be traded by December
- The Raptors will make the playoffs (you heard it here first) with a 43-39 record
- Allan Iverson will cuss someone (Actually this should be in the easy section)
- First coach fired will be Lenny Wilkins in New York
- Some player will finally buy a car with rims bigger than the actual car.
- NBA posses will be scaled back to an average of 4.378 members per player. This rule will actually be a sticking point in the negotiation of the next collective agreement leading to a lockout. The two sides are just divided over whether players with smaller than average posses can pass on their additional posse space to players who are over the limit.
- Shaq will shoot over 60% from the freethrow line (ok now that's just delusional thinking on my part)