Monday, April 11, 2005

Aint you the Master?

Yep he's the master!

Tiger Woods won his 4th Master's tournament today at Augusta Georgia. I caught the last couple of holes on replay last night and must say that it was actually pretty exciting. It was a neck and neck battle for supremacy between him and Chris Demarco all the way over the back 9.

Tiger hit one phenomenal shot from the edge of the rough on the 16th where the ball changed direction about 3 times before actually going to the brink of the hole and suddenly stopping only to then achieve one final revolution which placed it in the hole.

That gave him a 2 shot lead over Demarco and with 2 holes to play I thought it was over but Demarco came back to tie it and send it into sudden death.

All in all considering it was golf it was actually pretty heady stuff. Tiger coming back after overhauling his swing and not winning a major for about the last three years proved that he is still amongst the worlds best. Tiger in the place is a bam bam!

Still boy them need to spice up the golf thing a bit. Starting with the music. Why is it that the music played as the commentators chat or between holes sounds like stuff I would hear at a funeral home? Come on now pick up the pace a bit. Still I cant complain too much because Tiger won. Yea I know some people got issues wid his not saying he's black or his marriage to the white gal which I dealt with a while back and get cuss but say what ya want the man can still play golf so congrats to him.

9 comments:

Abeni said...

Not a golf fan but congrats Tiger

Anonymous said...

Golf really nuh do it for me....but yeah, Tiger can play. After all, apart from making very short commercials, does he live to anything else? Dr. D.

bitchdoctrine said...

Honestly, golf sucks my will to live. But damn if I didnt see the last holes last night. Tiger is tha man! The shot on the 16th from the rough was the best shot I ever saw. He kit the ball away from the hole, and that shit dropped in. Spectacular!!

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzz...oh sorry, that was just an impersonation of me watching golf. Gotta say dat I din see one stroke of it.

But Mr. Man I thought you promise me a story, wuh happen man?

Shana said...

I don't know a thing about golf. . . and I, like everyone else who has commented, find it extremely boring. . however, I am willing to set aside my absolute ignorance and distaste for the game and say "YAYYYYY TIGER". . .lol

summer of sam said...

that's one more for the cablinasians.

what's the score?

Jdid said...

@abeni, dr d, starfoxx, nikki, bajansis, shana @ summer - its not the most interesting sport. god knows i was dozing as i was watching but still that shot on 16th was sweet.

chrome said...

what do people know? golf rocks. like rugby. get a few good playas in and it don't matter the sport. shizz caught myself intensely watching a darts championship.

Gwan Tiger!! he need to sort out the black ting though. bit fuzzy for my liking.

Anonymous said...

If you pick up a club and start to learn how to play golf you will find it very interesting and relaxing even though you are stressing over a little white ball. Once you play...watching will become exciting. Things you dont understand are usually boring to watch...dont you agree?